The grand jury now has until January 7, 2015 to decide whether or not to charge Darren Wilson with the murder of Mike Brown. They can make a decision soon than that though.
Here’s some more info on the grand jury:
- Grand jury will begin hearing evidence on Aug. 20 in murder of Mike Brown. Darren wilson will have opportunity to testify (x)
- Grand jury might not hear all evidence until mid-October
- Possible outcomes from Grand Jury and DOJ investigation
- The grand jury in the killing of Mike Brown is only meeting once a week and are being treated as co-investigators. Also, legal experts say it’s unlikely that Darren Wilson will be charged with 1st degree murder. 2nd degree murder is possible but also unlikely if he argues that he feared for his life.
- A look at Prosecutor Bob McCulloch. McCulloch has presented 4 cases of a fatal police shooting to a grand jury. 0 indictments. McCulloch’s office also doesn’t keep detailed records. He also defended calling 2 black men shot by cops in 2000 “bums”.
- A Grand Jury Primer (storify)
- Bob McCulloch is VP of an organization that supports Darren Wilson? (x) McCulloch also won’t recommend charges against Darren Wilson to the grand jury. This is why a special prosecutor is needed.
- STL grand jury weighs charges in Ferguson shooting
- Grand jury now has until JANUARY to decide whether to charge Darren Wilson (x) (x) (x) (x)
"Some women are lost in the fire. Some women are built from it."